– In all seriousness, your blog for Hell-A Magazine is prompting a lot of underground water-cooler talk. It’s great.
– Thank you, but it’s really… It’s more like pissing out of my ass than anything else. You know, it’s just things bother me, and I vent, I write it down.
– What’s your latest obsession?
– Just the fact that people seem to be getting dumber and dumber. I mean, we have all this amazing technology, and yet computers have turned into basically four-figure wank machines. The internet was supposed to set us free, democratize us, but… But all it’s really given us is Howard Dean’s aborted candidacy and 24-hour day acces to kiddy porn. You know, people… They don’t write anymore. They blog. Instead of talking, they text. No punctuation, no grammar, L.O.L. this and L.M.F.A.O. that. It just seems to me that it’s just a bunch of stupid people pseudo-communicating with a bunch of other stupid people in a protolanguage that resembles more what cavemen used to speak than the king’s English.
– Yet, you’re part of the problem. You’re blogging with the best of them.
– Hence my self-loathing, you know.
Mon alter ego alcoolique, Hank Moody, joué par David Duchovny, dans la série Californication